Although I still call her my baby, I need to accept the fact that Ellie has left the world of babyhood behind and is definitely a toddler now. She is moving from walking cautiously to trying to run. She is trying so hard to have conversations with us and gets a little frustrated when we don't get what she is saying. She'll use the same phrases over and over again, but most of the time I can only smile and nod...not a clue. She has decided that she needs to keep up with her sister, especially when Molly has friends over. It has been really interesting to watch the sibling interaction. A few days ago, Molly had a friend over to play and Ellie would follow them around and try to play with them. She kept following them into Molly's room (which is actually Ellie's room too since they share). Molly was not as amused as I was with the whole scenario. She was very frustrated that Ellie was getting into her things. Pretty soon I saw Molly pick Ellie up, and sit her down in the hallway right outside her room and then close the door. Ellie sat there staring at the door for a little while before I coaxed her back to the living room. Oh...it is just the beginning!
Elliana has recently taken to carrying a purse. She'll walk around for most of an afternoon with her purse. Inside she has various things from toys to her sippy cup. She's becoming quite a little girl with all of her accessories. It is fun to watch her grow and change!

1 comment:
Ellie's attempts at communicating in English remind me of my struggles to communicate in Japanese. Of course, the people I talk to are usually more frightened and concerned than smiling and amused.
Post a Comment