Today also marks the end of Molly's preschool days...which means the beginning of her elementary days are just a few months away. Yikes! I cried all the way home from preschool today (didn't really expect that!), so it makes me wonder just how hard the first day of kindergarten will be. I'm hoping it won't be as bad...after all, endings are harder for me than beginnings.
I feel like Molly and I both went through pre-K this year. Mrs. H prepared both of us for kindergarten. I know that Molly is beyond ready, and I am getting there. Change is hard. Transitions are hard. But, I see that after I get past those first couple of weeks, we will be excited about all the new opportunities. Oh how I've been blessed to raise this beautiful, smart girl! And blessed some more to raise her wonderful little sister and brother too!! (More on them in another post...)
Here are a few pictures to see how Molly has grown and changed this year...
September--Molly's 1st day of Pre-K!

Molly and Mrs. H

Molly and friends at the pumpkin patch field trip

Molly's preschool Christmas program


Molly and Mrs. H on the "100th day of school"

Tooth #3 is missing! She lost this one about a week ago and looks so much older. She told us that she looks like a teenager although we are thinking it is more like 1st grade : )

Molly loves to read! The other day she didn't even make it up the stairs and read here for almost an hour. : )

Mother's Day Tea

Molly with the girls in her class at the Mother's Day Tea. (I do have pictures of Molly and I at the Mother's Day Tea...those will come soon.)

Molly today, on her last day of pre-K. It was beach day, hence the swimming suit. Since we don't actually have a beach here in the midwest, we do a lot of pretending : )


5 comments:
Oh my word!! I can't believe that do all of that in Pre-K! I guess the schools really are better in Kansas. ;)
I cannot believe she sat on the stairs for an hour and read!
What a precious gift she is, Ky! I cannot believe she is so grown up. You are such a great mommy. I have so much respect for mommies of 3! :)
Is your daughter really reading a "Chapter Book" on the stairs there? And she wasn't bored in Pre-K? :)
Beautiful post from a beautiful Mother
wow. she has really grown up. i know we just saw her not that long ago but goodness. can't wait to hear how she does in kindergarten!
Post a Comment