Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another month flies by...

I guess it is time (or past time) for my monthly update. The blog has taken a lower priority these days. I will continue to update at least monthly (hopefully more often) so those that are far away can keep up with our growing boy and busy girls.

March and April have been busy months with many milestones...

First, we woke to this at the end of March...
We had waited for a decent snow all winter and it decided to arrive once we were more than ready for spring weather. Thankfully, we were able to enjoy the beauty of the snow and then it melted quickly! We have finally (the last week of April!) been enjoying some beautiful spring weather.

I think all the kids have a picture with Buster that looks something like this...
As always, Buster has been very gentle and patient with Charlie. It is interesting as Buster seems to have an "age of accountability". He lets them get away with anything (pulling ears, tail, etc.) until he thinks they know better. Then, he may offer a little protest growl...but only when they reach a certain age. Very interesting.

Charlie isn't sure what to think of Buster's "kisses"!


Charlie has been laughing and smiling so much! We love to get him going as his little giggles are so cute. The girls adore him and can easily get him to smile. I'm thinking that he may end up just a little bit spoiled : )

Molly celebrated her "100th day of school" this month. All the kids were encouraged to dress up like 100-year-old people. This is Molly in her outfit. You can't really tell in this picture, but we also used colored hair spray to make her hair grey. Pretty fun!

Sweet sisters on Easter. The girls have continued to be best of friends. They play constantly and get along most of the time. It is so helpful for them to be such good playmates...makes it easier to take care of the baby!

I love this picture of my three babies...

All three in their Easter outfits...




My sweet sister and I decided to be cute this year for Easter dinner. I made bunny bread and she made an Easter egg cake. I have to admit that her's does look a little prettier : )

I found the girls watching a tv like this after a bath the other day. Just made me laugh...

Just a cute picture of my buddy. I feel like he is really making the transition from newborn to infant. He suddenly doesn't seem so tiny anymore. And everyone's comment is always, "He just looks like a boy!" or "He already looks like a little man." I guess this isn't normal? It is just funny because we get the comment all the time.

Molly was able to help feed Charlie one day (and I was able to be out by myself!). You can see how much Charlie has grown by comparing this picture to the one following it which was taken in February.


Charlie is now able to sit in his bumbo chair. We borrowed this from a friend, and it is nice to let him have some time in a different position every so often. He enjoys the seat and looks like such a big boy!

At 3 months...
  • We are estimating that Charlie is around 15 pounds (according to the bathroom scale).
  • He is sleeping better...especially during the day. He has a regular morning nap that lasts anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. He is also just starting to get into a regular afternoon nap.
  • Nighttime sleep could still be better. We thought we had reached a major milestone as he had a few nights of sleeping 7 hours! But, in the last week he's gone back to getting up 2 times at night...maybe a growth spurt?
  • Like most babies, morning is his favorite time. He will lay in his cradle and kick, smile, talk and stretch while I get ready in the morning. I look forward to this happy time.
  • Overall, he is a happy baby and I've come to find (again, like most babies) that if he is well rested, then he is happy and easy. So, regular naps are becoming a must. Sleeping on the go is not working anymore.
  • He still doesn't like the car much...would still like that to improve!

Well, this was a long update. Hopefully I'll be back in less than a month!


5 comments:

Ryan said...

Awesome update, Ky! So good to keep up with your family. And especially fun to see your Charlie growing so well.

Amy said...

Yay! Good job! LOVE all of those sweet pics. Charlie DOES look like a boy! I thought it was weird when you told me that on the phone, but he does! What a cutie pie!!!! I especially love the one of all three on Easter. Thanks keeping us up to date. :)

Sharon said...

Charlie is growing so fast! All your kids look super cute in these pics. Thanks for sharing all the details!

Angela said...

Your kids are so cute!! You have some great pictures of them. I know what you mean about the regular naps. I was just thinking today that sleeping on the go isn't working so well any more and that it's time to start transitioning into a regular nap schedule. Anyway, again, super cute. I hope you guys continue to do well!!

caramac said...

love it!!! thanks for the update this way!