Saturday, March 28, 2009

Life at 2 months

Stats at 2 months:


Weight: 12 pounds, 8 ounces (75th percentile)

Height: 23 1/2 inches (75th percentile)


I can't remember the circumference of his head but I know it was the 20th percentile...all my kids have little peanut heads : )


The doctor was a little concerned that Charlie still had jaundice at 2 months. We spent last weekend undergoing blood tests, feeding with formula (while I had to pump), and waiting to hear that all is fine. Thankfully that is exactly what we heard when we received the test results. His jaundice is caused by "breast milk jaundice". There is something in my milk that does not allow the bilirubin to break down. This is not a serious condition, but we had to undergo a weekend of no nursing to be sure that the jaundice was not being caused by something more serious. We have been able to resume nursing, and his bilirubin levels will continue to drop on their own (although they were almost back to normal after a weekend of no nursing). While it was a somewhat stressful weekend, we were thankful to hear that we have a healthy little man!!

We've had a lot going on over the last month...

hanging out with mommy...

...and daddy


smiling lots and lots!


cheering for the jayhawks

Photo opportunity with my parents...in my cute baby dedication outfit

A family pic

Baby Dedication with Pastor Patti


A visit from Aunt Meagan, Uncle Ben, Grandpa Larry and Grandma Becky!

We all had so much fun!!

Molly and Ellie miss them so much.

Grandpa Larry and I hanging out.

Watching basketball with Uncle Ben

Relaxing with my Grandma Becky

The Whole Moore Clan

I'm loved by so many!

At 2 months I...
  • Love hanging out on my changing table. If I'm unhappy, Mom and Dad can lay me there and I smile and talk so much!
  • Have found my hands and enjoy sucking on them.
  • Have learned to tolerate rides in the car most of the time. I cry a lot less than I did a month ago. Mommy is so happy about that!
  • Am sleeping a little better at night. I give Mom a 4-5 hour stretch at first and then go every 3 hours or so. I am also starting to take some longer naps in my crib.
  • Smile at my sisters, but I have noticed that my "newness" has worn off a bit. They aren't touching, poking, hugging me quite as much now. But they still think I'm pretty cute : )
  • Am wearing 3-6 month clothes already!
  • Have had 3 shots (vaccines) and 3 blood draws (to check bilirubin levels). I'm glad to be done with that for a while!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

What great pictures! And fun to get a peek into Charlie's daily life!

Melissa said...

love every pic! what a great fam! we got to hear some stories on Sat from very proud grandparents!

verdoorns said...

Yeah for the update! he's so cute! I can't wait for our boys to "meet" soon!

queen said...

So glad the breast milk jaundice has been checked out. David had that and we didn't get the level of care that you get in the States for that. Luckily he's not the worse for wear. He had it for about three or four months! Hope your little guy gets over it soon. It's not harmful, but it does result in some orange pics :)

Lonni Wilson said...

Great photos. Enjoyed catching up.