We see this wide-eyed look often and it cracks me up.
I love how they are looking at each other!



I really wanted to get a picture of the three of them (yet to get a really good one), and of course I thought it would be nice if everyone was dressed nicely, had their hair combed, etc. Instead this is what I can get these days. I thought I'd post it because this is our reality : ) And really, could it get much better? I'm so thankful that these three kiddos are my reality!
- Sleep is getting better all the time (3-4 hour stretches at night)
- Napping during the day is a little harder, but usually get one good one
- At 3 weeks, 9 pounds 5 ounces (50%) and 21 3/4 inches (70%)
- Stayed home with dad and sisters a couple of times so Mom could go out!
- Loves to be held (baby bjorn is our friend!!)
- FIRST SMILES : ) : ) Daddy got the first one, but Mom enjoyed several later that day
- Regular outings include church, Bible study, and getting the girls to and from gymnastics and preschool...napping in the car happens frequently
- Not a fan of riding in the car when it is not moving (stoplights take SO long these days!), but fine when the car is in motion
- The girls are still helpful but much less "in the face" all the time
- I'm coming to enjoy having Molly's help in holding him while I prepare lunch, dinner, etc.
I feel like we are starting to settle into a routine. Things don't seem quite as difficult now as they did even a couple of weeks ago. I still haven't attempted a trip to the store with all three (by myself), and I think I'll wait on that until the weather is warmer. I'm convinced that everything is easier when you aren't freezing in the process : )
I've been asked several times about the transition to three kids. People often want to know if it is harder than the transition to two kids. Here are my thoughts...the transition to three is easier than the transition to two. I am already used to being focused on more than one child. Also, the girls are at ages where they are somewhat independent. They can go to the bathroom on their own, can get themselves dressed (with some guidance!), and play together nicely (most of the time). It is very nice that they have each other to play with, so while I'm feeding and taking care of the baby they aren't feeling neglected or lonely. Really though, for me, the transition to one child was the hardest. It was just such a lifestyle change to suddenly have to plan everything in my life around my baby versus just doing what I wanted, when I wanted.
I can't believe how quickly the time is going. Just as my pregnancy seemed to go faster this time around, I think Charlie's growing up will also seem to go faster. I'm trying to enjoy each of his little stages as they change so quickly during this first year!



3 comments:
love it! thanks for sharing.
Hi Kylene-
I've noticed they share a lot of the same tastes in clothes too! : ) (Yeah Target!) It is pretty crazy but Oskar is outgrowing some of his clothes already. He is fitting quite well into his 0-3 month outfits which he was swimming in when he brought him home from the hospital. He's more stretched out and he's got some long legs and big feet (I wonder who he gets the big feet from... I"ll have to drag out a picture of our door in Anderson when he is older). Keep posting- I love the updates. It is a fun way to connect to the world outside of our house.
Already wishing for a magical #3... it's already a miracle we have 2 though. You make 3 look like so much fun!
Post a Comment