Saturday, February 14, 2009

Charlie's first couple of weeks...







































3 1/2 weeks...wow! It is one of those times where I can hardly believe that 3 1/2 weeks have already passed, but it also seems like Charlie has been a part of our family for longer than that. He is finding his place in our family and busy schedule. While we have scaled back a bit during the past few weeks, we are still on the go quite a bit. It is interesting that when you have two older kids, life keeps moving. I remember coming to a stand still after Molly was born, but that isn't as much of an option with number three. That isn't to say that I'm not taking it easy when I have a chance. The house (cleaning, cooking, etc) are taking the brunt of it, but I know this is only for a time. Soon enough I will be fully back into the routine.
Charlie is doing well. He eats a lot, is awake a lot during the day, and likes to get up in the middle of the night quite frequently. We were blessed with very good sleepers with the first two, so this whole up in the middle of the night (multiple times) is a bit of a new thing. Again, I know that this too will pass. Thankfully, while I would enjoy a little more sleep, I am not ridiculously exhausted during the day. I am so thankful for that as I can't imagine taking care of the girls and Charlie in an exhausted state!
The girls are still very excited about their little brother, but I do feel like the newness as worn off a bit. This is actually kind of nice as they no longer constantly have their fingers, lips, etc right in his face. Molly is helpful in that she loves to hold him...it gives me a bit of a break and allows me to make lunch, etc.
Well, I hear the little cry which means it is time to eat...again. I will try to post more often, but it is hard to do one handed and when he is sleeping or occupied, I often have about 10 other things that need my attention (including me taking naps!).






4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my gracious....he is SUCH a cute boy....I love the one of the boys sunning!!

Ryan said...

Yes, thank you for taking the time to post these pics. We appreciate it. We're looking forward to bringing our Charlie home and I'm sure we'll have to find that family groove that you guys are developing.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Molly holding Charlie. She looks like such a proud, loving big sister!

Krista said...

He is so precious.