Thursday, April 1, 2010

Call me nerdy

I've always been a little nerdy.

I enjoyed school and received good grades.

Talking about science, in particular human physiology and genetics, gives me a little thrill.

I've considered auditing an organic chemistry class at the local junior college just to keep my brain stimulated.

But, I think my nerdiness was confirmed yesterday when I literally teared up a bit after pulling this out of Molly's backpack.



I mean, isn't that awesome? Isn't it so big? I think it looks so first grade.

Maybe that is why I got a little teary? Because she is getting so big...big enough to read and write about global warming and Kenya?

I would like to think so, but I really think I got teary because she said she had fun doing this project. She is enjoying school, exceling, and I'm proud : ) She may look nothing like me, but she does have my genes!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gift to ENJOY learning (and the work that goes into it.) That's a great set of hand-me-down genes! (When I was in first grade, it was "See Spot run." I enjoyed that! . . .)

Double K and J said...

I am so impressed! Great job Molly!

Melissa said...

Dude...kindergarten, really?!? I don't remember learning to read and write until first grade. Definitely NOT about global warming and malaria in Kenya...probably about a cat crossing the street! Amazing!