Thursday, April 29, 2010

Living in a Fairytale

We spent all of last week almost completely consumed by Cinderella! Molly had a wonderful time in her first stage production, and I have to say that I do think she was the cutest little blue bird there ever was : )

Here are the stats from the weekend:
  • 7 days (approximately 50 hours!) spent in the auditorium for rehearsals and the show last week
  • 6 (2 1/2 hour) shows
  • I spent 15 hours watching Cinderella from Thursday-Saturday
  • The constant stream of Cinderella songs in my mind has finally ceased (a week later)
  • Molly went to bed 2 1/2 hours past her bedtime every night last week
  • Amazingly, there was only one meltdown...which only lasted 10 minutes
  • 1 fall off the stage! Yikes...thankfully no broken wings and our little bird was able to flutter right back on the stage :)
  • 1 set of crazy, blue, feathery false eyelashes
  • Many new friends made
  • We are pretty sure this is just the first of more shows in our future!
  • Lots of smiles and fun memories made...it was especially a fun time for me to spend with Molly. We had a lot of good one-on-one time, and it was fun to hear her excitement. She kept thanking me for letting her do this...so sweet.

Here is our little bird...

With her cousins after the show
Mommy and Birdie


The ending pose


The last number



Walking down the aisle holding Cinderella's wedding dress!



H and Ellie came to a production together : )



With the Fairy Godmother :)



Cinderella!!



Grandma Becky and Papi Larry flew in for the performance!




Following opening night with Daddy

The birdies :)


Ready for the first show!



Getting makeup...those eyelashes were crazy! Not sad that I am done putting those on!



Sweet little bird



CRAZY bird!!

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Amazing! You're the star, Ky--wish I could have been there!

Christi said...

What a great experience! I can't believe she put up with those eyelashes night after night!

Amy said...

so glad to see the pics...wish I could have seen the show! So fun!! Good job little Molly bird! :)