Thursday, July 17, 2008

Not to be taken for granted

Eric and I have enjoyed watching the show, Hopkins, this summer. This show follows different physicians that work at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Tonight's episode was particularly intense as they followed the case of a two-year-old boy that was in heart failure and desperately needed a heart transplant. Watching the emotions of the parents was heart wrenching. Thankfully the little boy was able to receive a transplant and there is new hope for his little life.

Eric and I couldn't even imagine what those parents were going through as they watched their little boy and waited. It made me realize just how much I take my children's health for granted. Just today I was at the pediatrician's office with Molly as she has an ear infection. As he listened to her heart he told us that it sounds absolutely perfect. He has often made this comment when listening to Elliana too. After watching this show tonight, I realize just how much I take those comments for granted.

So, tonight, I am finding myself very thankful for those perfect sounding hearts, simple ear infections that are healed with antibiotics, and healthy little girls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kylene, Your words are so true.
Thank you for sharing and reminding
us. God's Care today, MOM

Angela said...

I LOVE that show too! And ugh, that was an emotional one! It totally made me thankful for my healthy boys. I couldn't imagine having to endure that. Praise God the little man got his heart! Last weeks was very emotional too. :-( Hope you have fun in CA.