Tuesday, June 26, 2007

First movie theater experience

My friend, Sara, and I had a little adventure this morning. We decided to take our kiddos (Molly, Ellie, Eli, and Xander) to a movie. One of the local theaters shows free movies on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings during the summer. Today they were showing Happy Feet, so we decided to give it a try. We weren't sure how this would go since we had two 3-year-olds, and two one-year-olds. It actually wasn't too bad. Ellie did great in the theater...as long as she had snacks : ) She wasn't too interested in the movie except to quack at the penquins every once in a while. I didn't tell her that penquins don't quack...she was pretty impressed with herself so no need to burst her bubble! Molly was pretty excited about the whole movie theater experience, but she and Eli got bored with the movie about a half hour into it. To be honest, I got kind of bored too. It had cute singing and dancing every so often, but it is definitely not one of my favorites. It got a little more interesting towards the end, and all four kids made it through. Sara and I think that we could probably try it again. I think the key to the whole thing is that it is free though. I won't be paying for my children to not sit through a movie for a long time! It is nice to have some different activities every once in a while!

2 comments:

Amy said...

wow, kudos to your bravery on that one, friend! i'm not quite up for the movie experience yet...maybe with just kaylin someday soon, but definitely not with trevor yet. on second thought, trevor has almost a longer attention span for TV than kaylin so maybe i should just take him instead. shoot, if it's a barney movie (does barney make full length films??), my kids can definitely sit for that! :)

fanaticnascarweathermom said...

Again, so sad that I couldn't join the fun...on the upside-I know it is a summer activity I can look forward to in the future! Wahoo!