Eric enjoying the view of the "ship"
Date night...apparently we need to discuss our outfit selections when packing
My first ever lobster dinner...wow, I was so full!Eric and I had a wonderful mini-vacation on the east coast. I realized that we hadn't spent that much time alone (without the girls) since Molly was born...almost 4 years ago! While it was a little hard to leave the girls, and I was glad to get home to them, I really enjoyed the time with just Eric. It was nice to be able to eat at whatever time we felt like, eat slowly, eat while our food was hot, (apparently children really change your eating habits!), sleep in, laugh together, walk all over the city, and just enjoy being together. We ate awesome seafood, and really enjoyed the sights of Boston. There were many cool historical things to see (although the tea party ship was not one of them!), and thanks to our friends and tour guides, Eric and Becky, I think we saw most of it by foot!! (Thanks for spending the afternoon with us...it was so fun to see you!)
While I am not in a hurry to get back on a plane anytime soon (I hate to fly!), I will definitely feel okay about leaving the girls again sometime, so Eric and I can have a few days away to focus on each other. The girls had a wonderful time with my parents. They were glad to see us, but I don't think they ever missed us too much. Grandpa and Grandma are so much fun...thanks for taking such good care of my babies...I didn't worry about them at all!




8 comments:
hi scoob and grom...so it's curly here and i have to say that boston is so cool. i went there on my honeymoon last month and loved it. we didn't see the boston tea party boat although we did see the uss constitution, which was cool. i also have to agree that the seafood was amazing. where did you have that lobster? it made my mouth water just looking at it!
curly
So good to hear from you Kim! Very exciting that you just got married...congrats! We ate at Legal Seafood down by the harbor. It was excellent. I hope all is well with you!
so good to see you guys. and glad you enjoyed boston. i hope i didn't walk you too much.
hugs
Cade--I loved the walk! It took away the guilt about all of the lobster and Boston cream pie that I ate : ) Besides, it made me actually enjoy sitting on the plane a bit. Thanks again for the tour...it was nice to reconnect!
Man...so bummed i missed you both on your visit. But I was very glad to have seen you within the month previous. Nice work on the sam adams statue. it's a beaut!
OH!!!! I haven't even talked to you since our trip!!!!!!!!!!! I totally forgot that you were going on your love trip...I mean the work trip! It sounds like you had a great time!
D
Wow, I'm kind of disappointed over the Boston Tea Party ship, since I've really been looking forward to seeing it someday! It looks like you guys had a great time. Come to California soon! Maybe you should take the girls to Disneyland. :) and visit me...heehee
Looks like you guys had a great trip and had some fun times connecting as a couple away from the girls! I'm glad it went so well!
Post a Comment