Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The wild world of ebay!!






Eric has one of those jobs that is just really hard to explain...or it at least takes a long time to explain it fully. So, when people ask what he does, I've just started saying that he is part owner of a company that sells things on ebay. That is true although there is a lot more to it...if you are interested, you can check out jayparrino.com. The point to all of this is that a large part of his job does involve ebay, so he went to a conference this past weekend in Boston called ebay Live! I decided to tag along (without the girls!), so I could learn a little more about ebay, check out the awesome city of Boston, and spend some time with my hubby.
This conference was very interesting...a great place to people-watch. I guess it takes all types to make ebay successful. There were about 10,000 people there that ranged from those such as Eric, they run entire businesses through ebay, and others that are just interested in selling the "junk" in their house. We saw people in custom-made ebay outfits...made up of the primary colors such as in the ebay logo. These people were nuts about ebay!! Pretty funny.
I have to say that it was hard not to catch the ebay fever when I was surrounded by all of the hype. I did find the introductory classes that I attended rather interesting. I may even get around to selling some things that are sitting around our house.
So, the above pictures were taken at the conference. Luckily, this was a conference that did not demand a ton of Eric's time. We were able to play in Boston quite a bit too. A post about that will follow soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

Can you sell some of my junk too?