Monday, March 12, 2007

Big 12 Tourney Champs and a #1 Seed!

The excitement over the Jayhawks just continues to build around here! As I stated previously, I will go into the next week with cautious excitement...the last two years serve as reminders that anything can happen once the NCAA tournament begins.

The Big 12 championship game yesterday was so fun to watch...and stressful. Molly even got into it a little...chanting "Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KUUUU". She also found it very funny that the players had to go to timeout. I tried explaining that, but I think she thought it was funnier to think of them as actually being in timeout.

Looking forward to a weekend of basketball watching!
Eric and I had the chance to see a game earlier this year at Allen Fieldhouse. Here is a pic...


5 comments:

Derek said...

I think Molly's amusement is appropriate... I'd say that coaches often call timeouts when there team is in trouble! =)

Derek said...

You got to see a game in there!?! I got to walk in there an look around once... the place was empty... but it was still cool...

verdoorns said...

I have to admit...I had KU going WAY too far last year. This year...probably not so much (:

E and K said...

Derek--That is an excellent point...they often are in trouble : )

Rachel--Yes, I too had them going too far. I think the potential is there this year, but I'm still nervous to put them too far as I fill out my brackets!

james said...

I seldom take KU all the way in my brackets. i fear that taking them too far is almost a jinx.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Let it begin!!!!!