Saturday, March 24, 2007

End of the road...

Big. Bummer.

Well, the Jayhawks reached the end of their tourney run tonight against UCLA. Going into this game, I was feeling pretty uneasy. Again, this time of year leaves a bit of disappointment. I do have to say that I feel much better this year in reaching the elite eight than I did in the previous two years with first round exits.

The good thing about all of this is that there is always next season. I am disappointed for a bit, but this gradually fades and the excitement for next season gradually builds. I'm sure that once again I will become too emotionally invested, but I guess that is what makes it all so exciting! At least Ellie will get a break from wearing her KU cheerleading outfit...she's had to wear it the last three Sundays : )

1 comment:

verdoorns said...

I'll admit...I picked UCLA...

I was telling Mike last night all about Rex Walters (: We did some internet searching and found out he's a head coach at Florida Atlantic and has 4 kids! Brought back some funny memories!