Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Questions from Molly this evening...

"Why is milk white?"

"Why is chocolate milk brown?"

Then, while in the bathtub she pours water on her head. She says that she is pretending it is oil and she is being anointed. I ask her where she learned about that, and she tells us that she learned about it at the weekly Bible study we attend. So then...

"Daddy, why do they put oil on their heads?"

The curiosity of a three-year-old. I have to be quick on my toes to come up with answers to her many questions these days. I have to admit that the milk question did stump me...I made up something about protein, and she seemed to buy it : )

5 comments:

Amy said...

good job, miss bio-chem major. i'm sure all those classes (which you got an A+ in, for anyone who doesn't know exactly how smart you are)were good for somethin'! :)

E and K said...

For the record, it was a molecular biology degree : ) But it is good to see that degree being used though : )

Meagan said...

I was babysitting a 3-year old boy and, after asking me how the car engine worked and why cats had whiskers, he asked me why I had "milk-makers" even though I wasn't a mommy. That was a tough one.

E and K said...

Okay, Meagan...that is hilarious! A very observant three-year-old.

caramac said...

yes, this is why you're my favorite. i just read this to my roommate. love to you friend, xoxo, cara:)