Thursday, March 1, 2007

This is dedicated to the Klints : )

I saw this on another blog and thought it was interesting. Ryan and Isabel, you can let us know if this has any validity! I found it interesting that I speak more Yankee than I do Midwestern, yet the midwest is where I grew up.

Your Linguistic Profile:
60% General American English
15% Yankee
10% Upper Midwestern
5% Dixie
5% Midwestern

2 comments:

queen said...

Oh totally! We're all about the regional dialects. I can't wait to take it! It warms the cockles of my heart, to see linguistics in the wild :)

Ryan said...

My score was 75% General American. I agree that this is way cool, but frankly, you gotta have more than simply vocabulary variation to peg someone's dialect. Plus, you guys are both sullied by living in different parts of the country. I've lived out of the country for long enough that I'd be a bad example of a Californian, and Isabel is hopelessly unreliable as she went from Spanish speaker, to little miss Brit, to So. Cal superteen. Then a bunch of Canada and Japan thrown in too. She pretends to mix up her rs and ls, but frankly, I think she really is loosing the distinction. I mean, Brits only have half their r's anyway!