Friday, July 13, 2007

This goes out to Sharon...


As you can see, my friendship with Sharon goes back many, many years. It all started in dance class at the age of 4. We attended elementary, junior high, and high school together. We shared a lot of laughter (mainly things that were funny only to us), and also went through tough times together (you know, rough hairstyles, the awkwardness of junior high, etc). There are so many memories that we share that I can't even begin to list them all. A few highlights though...our many vacations (especially the cruise!), working at Kerr's, attending our first junior high dance (be so glad I resisted the temptation to include that picture!), our odd code words ("house it"), the rounds, the all-night phone call, and so many more!

Sharon has informed me that the blog has been rather boring the last few days (as I have been lazy about posting), so I hope this makes it a little more interesting for you! She is in the midst of finishing out her last days of her job as she is waiting for her first baby to arrive any day now. The days are dragging by, so I figured it was the least I could do to make the blog a bit more exciting : )

Thanks for all the fun memories...it is awesome to have a friend that goes all the way back to my childhood...I love recalling all of those times together. (Even though Eric thinks we are weird when we are laughing so hard about some of those things...I guess you just had to be there!) As much as I love recalling the past, I'm so looking forward to sharing in the adventures of motherhood with you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for brightening my day with this post! It was so fun to look at these pictures and see the progression of us growing up together. We do have a ton of memories to look back fondly on, and I’m so glad we are still such great friends creating new memories. I really appreciate all the pregnancy and parenting advice you’ve given me – and thanks in advance for all the advice and support I know you’ll give me after my baby boy is born!