Thursday, February 1, 2007

Big girl shoes and a new game

Ellie has finally outgrown her Robee bunny shoes that she has worn pretty much everyday for the last six months. Really, she's probably been too big for them for a few weeks now, but I've continued to shove her feet into them because they are so cute and great for a beginner walker. Eric took them off the other day and told me it was probably time for new shoes since Ellie had elastic marks around her little ankles. So, we dug through Molly's old shoes and found some big girl tennis shoes for Ellie. She loves to wear these and points to them when we meet someone new. She is quite proud.

Molly and Ellie have a new "sister" activity these days. They love to hold hands and walk the circle between the living room, kitchen and dining area. I'm not exactly sure what makes it so exciting, but the two of them laugh and laugh. The laughter (rather than fighting over toys, bothering each other, etc.) is what makes it so exciting to me!! I'm not so sure what is up with Molly's tongue in the picture below, but that is the face she gets a lot these days when we try to get her to smile.


1 comment:

verdoorns said...

they are so cute! I can't believe how big they both are getting!