Things are so fresh and exciting through the eyes of a three-year-old. I attend a weekly Bible study, and Molly and Ellie both attend their own classes while I am there. Ellie's class is really just a nursery, but Molly is fully involved in her own Bible study too. She has memorized several Bible verses, learned lots of songs, and heard many Bible stories. Each week I am interested to hear about the story...as I said, things are fresh and exciting through her eyes.
This week she learned about the Good Samaritan, and seemed to be captivated by this story even more than others. This does not surprise me as she is a pretty compassionate kid. She is always concerned when other kids are crying or hurt, wondering why they are crying, what happened, are they going to be okay. I was upset about something one day and was crying. She said, "Don't worry, Mommy. You can do it! You're going to be okay." Anyways, back to the Good Samaritan. When I picked her up she immediately shared the story with my mom and I, and then she told the story to Eric when he called later. I just need to share her version...
"First, there were two (holding up two fingers) MEAN men. They smushed the nice man and took all of his things and his donkey! He had lots of boo-boos. Then another mean man came by. The hurt man said, help me, help me. But the mean man said, I WILL NOT (voice gets louder) help you! Then another mean man came by. The hurt man said, help me, help me. And the other mean man said, I WILL NOT help you. But then a nice man (Mommy, what do we call him?), oh yeah, the SAMARITAN helped him and put bandages on him. Then he took him to a temple (I thought it was an inn) and said he would be back in a minute. The (what is it again, Mommy?), yeah, the Samaritan said that he would give him whatever he needed...like binkys and bottles."
So, that is the story of the Good Samaritan according to Molly. She is also into the story of Shadrach, Meschach, and Abednego and the firey (sp?) furnace. She decided that the space behind the tv in the living room is the firey furnace. I've heard her tell Ellie a couple of times that she is going to be thrown into the firey furnace...hmm. I've included a photo of Molly in the "furnace".
This week she learned about the Good Samaritan, and seemed to be captivated by this story even more than others. This does not surprise me as she is a pretty compassionate kid. She is always concerned when other kids are crying or hurt, wondering why they are crying, what happened, are they going to be okay. I was upset about something one day and was crying. She said, "Don't worry, Mommy. You can do it! You're going to be okay." Anyways, back to the Good Samaritan. When I picked her up she immediately shared the story with my mom and I, and then she told the story to Eric when he called later. I just need to share her version...
"First, there were two (holding up two fingers) MEAN men. They smushed the nice man and took all of his things and his donkey! He had lots of boo-boos. Then another mean man came by. The hurt man said, help me, help me. But the mean man said, I WILL NOT (voice gets louder) help you! Then another mean man came by. The hurt man said, help me, help me. And the other mean man said, I WILL NOT help you. But then a nice man (Mommy, what do we call him?), oh yeah, the SAMARITAN helped him and put bandages on him. Then he took him to a temple (I thought it was an inn) and said he would be back in a minute. The (what is it again, Mommy?), yeah, the Samaritan said that he would give him whatever he needed...like binkys and bottles."
So, that is the story of the Good Samaritan according to Molly. She is also into the story of Shadrach, Meschach, and Abednego and the firey (sp?) furnace. She decided that the space behind the tv in the living room is the firey furnace. I've heard her tell Ellie a couple of times that she is going to be thrown into the firey furnace...hmm. I've included a photo of Molly in the "furnace".


No comments:
Post a Comment