Monday, February 19, 2007

Warmer Weather, A Sleepover, and Rock Chalk

I am so very happy this morning! The forecasted high is 60 degrees!! After close to 40 days of below normal temps (most days not getting out of the 20s), we are breaking out of the cold spell. I am so tired of bundling up...especially trying to get coats on and off of my kids in the car. The warm weather is supposed to last at least through this week, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it! While Eric is still enjoying the winter and is not ready for it to be over, the girls and are very ready to welcome spring. Although, Molly is always bummed when the snow melts. I think she would like it to be warm with snow...that's not too much to ask, is it?

I am currently enjoying a slow, low-key morning with Ellie while Molly is at Grandpa and Grandma's house. She was able to enjoy a sleepover last night with them. She has been wanting to have a sleepover for quite some time, so we were able to get it arranged for last night. We talked on the phone this morning, and she had already watched Clifford with Grandpa. Then he made her pancakes and scrambled eggs. I am going to use this opportunity to run a few errands before I pick her up. I'm sure she will have lots of adventures to share!

Well, March is quickly approaching, and I'm beginning to feel the excitement. For those of you that don't know, I am a huge college basketball fan, so March Madness (tournament time) is one of my favorite times of year. Of course, the KU Jayhawks are my favorite team, and I have more faith in them this year than in several years past. I make that statement with a lot of caution as the Jayhawks have a tendency to disappoint when it comes tournament time. Tonight we will be cheering on KU as they take on K-State. Ellie has been wearing her KU cheerleader outfit and is becoming quite the fan. Nevermind her bored expression...I'm sure she is just saving her enthusiasm for the game : )


2 comments:

Mike Murrow said...

glad to see you raisning that kid right.

verdoorns said...

don't talk to me about cold weather (: Just kidding...it's getting warmer here as well. Of course warm for us is in the 30's!